Surgery is done to conduct an investigation into a pathological condition like an injury or a disease and also to treat it. One of its kinds is plastic surgery which includes the rehabilitation, restoration and modification of the human body.
Types of plastic surgery
* Craniofacial surgery- It deals with the deformities of the body parts above the shoulder namely head, skull, face and jaws along with its associated structures
* Hand surgery- It deals with the surgery of upper limbs of the humans. It includes both surgical and non-surgical conditions
* Microsurgery- Operating microscope is required for this surgery. It deals with the treatment of diseases in the tissues and blood vessels
* Surgery for burns- Burns damage the skin to a great extent. Therefore surgery is required for its rehabilitation
* Cosmetic or aesthetic surgery- It is body beautification surgery. Generally, it includes facial surgery. This surgery is done to enhance aesthetic appeal.Dr Zacharia Sydneyis the leading plastic surgeon in Australia
Techniques used in plastic surgery
* Endoscopic surgery- Done with the help on an endoscope. An endoscope is an instrument which has a tube-like shape with a tiny camera fitted at its top. The surgeon inserts it through an incision and manipulates it inside the body. The tiny camera transfers the images to a screen, thus assisting the surgeon in the on-going surgery
* Flap surgery- Healthy and live tissue are transferred from one location of the body to another. This surgery is generally performed on the areas of the body that has lost its skin, tissues or muscles. There are many types of flap surgery namely local, regional, bone and tissue, musculocutaneous and microvascular flap surgery.
* Laser surgery- It is one of the latest forms of surgery. Scarring, bleeding and bruising are less in this surgery. The type of laser to be used depends upon the area to be treated and the purpose of the surgery.
* Skin graft- A healthy skin from one part of the body is used to cover the damaged or missing skin or even both. Split-thickness skin graft, full-thickness skin graft and composite skin graft are some of its few types.
* Tissue expansion- An expander is inserted inside the damaged skin. It contains a liquid which repairs the skin. This liquid is secreted slowly and gradually into the area to be rejuvenated.
For facial plastic surgery, Dr Zacharia Sydney in Australia is a renowned expert and has been the first choice of several patients wanting a facial cosmetic surgery.